Container LED farms are practical in their mobility and robustness. They offer the ideal solution for research and development, as pilot units or to grow crops on unique or temporary locations. We build LED farms in new or refurbished shipping containers. We ship container farms world wide.
Custom made horticulture or plant research units
Our container farms offer all our techniques in just a few square meters. You can grow crops in up to 6 layers. Are you looking to work with floating rafts or rather ‘ebb and flow’ technique? Do you want warm days and cold nights? What is the ideal humidity for your crop? Which light intensity do you need? We study each container farm project separately to tailor the optimal solution to your needs.
So what does one container produce? This depends on the choice of crops of course. Yields of 2-4kg per square meter for ‘one round’ are possible. This round could be 10-15 days for micro greens and baby leaves. Depending on storage and other needs a container provides apx. 50-60m² of growing space. Just calculate your produced volume…
The advantages of our container farms
- For very intensive production or more extensive research
- Adaptable for lettuce, herbs, leafy greens, microgreens, …
- Multiple compartments possible
- LEDs of top quality for your application
- More µmol/joule = higher costs/benefits of the LED lighting
- Energy-saving acclimatization with heat recovery
- Ease of use thanks to ergonomics and automation
- Robust and precise sensors
- Monitoring and managing of all data from 1 panel
- Extremely hygienic and controlled production environment
- Advice concerning development and organization of the workflow
Optimize your workflow for extra profit
Researcher or farmer, you need an ergonomic set up and comfortable working space. Urban farmers want to optimize space and production volume. Smart Farmers is your partner for tailor-made solutions in container farming.
Contact us for a feasibility scan, free of charge.